Need Help With your assignment? Get expert academic writing assistance! We can write any paper on any subject within the tightest time.
Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing report and need a sample publish to help me learn.
Create a thread to answer one question from each section. Give feedback to minimum 2 students.
Section 1 Respiratory System
Section 22.2 Pulmonary Ventilation
1.In about five sentences, and in your own words, describe the phenomenon of hyperventilation.
2. Which of the following two statements is more accurate? Explain with about five sentences. 1) Your chest expands because you inspire (inhale) air, or 2) You inspire (inhale) air because your chest expands.
3 (a) Can you inspire air if your thoracic cavity is prevented from expanding? Explain. (b) Is muscle contraction necessary for inspiration? For expiration? (c) Since at high altitude the atmospheric pressure is lower, what effect would that have on the amount of work required for inspiration? For expiration?
Section 22.4 Respiratory Disorders
4. In about five sentences, and in your own words, describe asthma.
5. In about five sentences, and in your own words, describe emphysema.
6. In about five sentences, and in your own words, describe the effects of smoking on the lungs.
Section 2 Digestive System
Section 23.6 Chemical Digestion and Absorption
7. Answer the following questions concerning carbohydrate digestion and absorption. (a) Where in the digestive tract does carbohydrate digestion occur? What about absorption? (b) What is the major dietary carbohydrate we ingest? (c) Very briefly, what is the structure of that major carbohydrate referred to in part (b)? (d) What can one say about the size of a carbohydrate when it is absorbed by an enterocyte; i.e., is it likely to be a polysaccharide, an oligosaccharide, a disaccharide, or a monosaccharide?
8. Answer the following questions concerning protein digestion and absorption. (a) Where in the digestive tract does protein digestion occur? What about absorption? (b) How far are proteins broken down before being absorbed? (c) About what fraction of the amino acids absorbed by the digestive system come from ingested protein?
9. Answer the following questions concerning lipid digestion and absorption. (a) Where in the digestive tract does lipid digestion occur? What about absorption? (b) Briefly compare and contrast the structure and function of micelles and chylomicrons. (c) Chylomicrons eventually arrive in the bloodstream, but via lymphatic vessels. Why don’t chylomicrons (with their lipid nutrients) go directly into the bloodstream at the small intestine instead of entering lacteals, and using the lymphatic system to deliver them to the bloodstream?